Saturday 16 August 2014

Little BIG Brother

My latest page with my current Counterfeit Kit* fits the final challenge this month over at the CKCB because I have incorporated some vellum.  Not just any vellum, but Crate's Boys Rule Starry vellum ... the final scraps.  I received a full 12x12 sheet of it with my DT package from S J Crafts back in February and it has featured its loveliness on four or five pages now.  It makes me sad that there is none left, but one look at my pages and I am happy, especially when I look at this one:

Jimjams - Layout - Little BIG Brother

Jimjams - Layout detail, stitching, vellum & journalling
The photo is from our Disney 2004 holiday which was full of photo opportunities and there isn't always much to say about them other than where we were or what day it was.  However, when I looked closely I realised that this photo represented No.2 Son's ability to put others first, especially his little sister and I felt that some journalling was required to celebrate his thoughtfulness.

Which also ties in nicely with Merly Impressions current challenge to tell a story on the front of your page.

*I have added a couple of papers from MME's 6x6 Cut & Paste Charm pad allowing me to use  smaller versions of the 3x4 cards in my kit and grabbed some white BG Chocolate Chip and Woodware Chippies alphas for a contrasting title.

19 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely page....and lovely story.

kjjc said...

Fabulous.

Sian said...

Beautiful elements (love the velum and the chip alphas), and colours, and story. that's the perfect page, really.

Melissa said...

A very nice page - I really like the layout, but it's your journaling that makes the photo come to life & bring out growing personalities!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love the tippy grid & journaling which points out the positions of their knees/feet! Great take on the story from a random photo op pic.

Sandra said...

Aawww that's a lovely story and so worthy of a great layout

Chrissy said...



Hi,

Thank you for entering your lovely layout into the Merly Challenge. Great journalling.

Chrissy xXx

Linda said...

Great story :)

Virginia said...

Oh that's fabulous!

Julene Matthews said...

Gorgeous page Jemma and thoughtful journaling too.

CoventryAnn said...

Great diagonal grid, love the journalling.

Karen leonard said...

Absolutely love your eye catching tilted grid style layout and the colours are amazing xx

Claire said...

Love this page, gorgeous.
Claire xx

Missus Wookie said...

Great use of those scraps of vellum and nice story capture. We have photos there too :)

Lisa said...

that is gorgeous vellum and makes me wonder why I don't have it in my stash! great page but the story makes this a winner. i love the detail you've given us of their tippy toes at the bottom of the photo!

Tina Campbell said...

Love the grid style to this layout it's really playful on the page :) Yep that is some gorgeous vellum too. Love to see Disney layouts in other colors like this makes it so sweet :)

Lesley G said...

Love those colours :)
I always call my sister big little sis as she is older but smaller!!

Margie said...

How sweet-and stunning page design!

Susanne said...

Love the grid work here, and how nice to get a little deeper story onto the page. Well done.