Thursday 4 July 2013

Scraplifting A Forger

I was very happy to be part of a sleepover crop just after making up my July Counterfeit Kit as it meant I had plenty of time to get scrappy with it.  Amongst my creations I made a page up for the first challenge this month at the CKCB.  We were asked to scraplift something from a master forger which was the perfect excuse to take a closer look at the blogs of some of our newcomers!

I chose THIS super page by Stephanie because its lovely graphic style really appealed to me.  Whenever I scraplift someone else's page, rather than keep referring to the original, I make a quick pencil sketch of the main elements and note down a few of the colours or embellishments used. This way I end up with a page that is "inspired by" rather than "copied from".

Jimjams - Layout - Awesome (sofa at De Efteling, Holland)


Jimjams - Layout detail - wordy tag clusterIf you compare it to Stephanie's original page, you will see that the matting on the large blocks transformed into machine stitched borders and her arrow paper became pennant tags cut from scraps.  My title is a single 3x4 Sn@p card cut up and realigned!  The photo is one of several from a rainy day out at De Efteling and will slot into our Holland 2006 holiday album.

Why don't you have a go at this challenge?  It's a great opportunity to participate in with the counterfeiting, especially as this challenge can be used to join in with the CKCB Members' Blog Hop on July 24th - details on today's CKCB post here.  I found so much inspiration that I'll be back with another scraplift myself!

18 comments:

Lesley G said...

Great inspiration from Stephanie there Jemma and I love your interpretation of it :) I want one of those sofas!!!

alexa said...

I really like your interpretation of the four panels fanning out behind the sofa as a kind of visual repetition - oh, and that collection of overlapping banner tags is such a neat addition!

Unknown said...

A great way to get to know more about the new DT members (and the old ones of course!). I like your idea of creating a pencil sketch ... I think it sort of sets your imagination free then by not continually looking back at the original.

Sian said...

I really like how you have played about with scale here and drawn the eye right into that photo. Neat!

Missus Wookie said...

I like the texture you've managed to get in here - the banner tags, the curves of the sofa centre stage and the stitching on the patchwork of patterned paper - such a fun page. I'd have it out for a while before hiding it in the album :)

Angela Toucan said...

great page and a great inspiration choice too.

CoventryAnn said...

Fabulous page, you do graphic so well!

scrappyjacky said...

I love how all the colours work so well together.

MiliPea Designs said...

Excellent idea to sketch out the inspiration page. I'm gonna have to keep that in mind! I love your take on Stephanie's page.

Susanne said...

This idea of lift each other is making for some fun posts to see and read. Cute page!

JulieJ said...

Hello. You're back. I've had computer problems and been relying on the new iPad and every time I tried to get to your blog I got a 'this blog has been removed message'.
Great scrap lift - love the sunny colours to distract from the miserable weather.

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a fun page with a super easy design that has a big impact!
Rinda

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for choosing to scraplift my page; I'm honoured! Love your take on the page and the amazing colours you incorporated. Great job!

Lisa said...

Great lift. And what a great idea to sketch the inspiration. The banners win this for me :-)

Sandy Ang said...

what an eye-catching photo ! love how you made it the center of attention on the page

kate blue said...

excellent take and love the colors in a major way! I so love that couch!!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Your blue background choice makes that photo pop right off the page! Adorable banner cluster :~)

Julene Matthews said...

This is a well put together page. Looks fabulous! Love that big chair :)