Wednesday 24 July 2013

Another Forger Forgery

Welcome to the start of the July Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Members' Blog Hop (or CKCBMBH for short)!  Today we are sharing our takes on the scraplifting a Master Forger challenge.  I chose a lovely page to scraplift for this challenge earlier in the month with my July Counterfeit Kit but just had to have another go today as there were so many lovely projects to choose from:

Jimjams - Layout - Family

Using yet another photo from our trip to Disney in 2004, I was inspired by this gorgeous page by Leslie.   I loved her use of upside down tags, stitching and space.  Thanks Leslie!

I have yet to add a date and a little journalling about how we were posing in a special spot where you can superimpose the Hollywood sign and it was still rather cold despite the early morning sunshine.

Jimjams - layout detail - Tag cluster with machine stitching

The next stop on the forgery trail is Heidi, but if you get lost along the way, the full blog hop order is published on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today.  Have fun!

25 comments:

alexa said...

Those tags are adorable! They just pick up the colours of your photo and main section perfectly. A worthy take on Lesley's - thank you for the link.

Lesley G said...

I also loved how Leslie used her tags. Love the colours in your layout and the machine stitching looks fab :)

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

great tags and colours, jenx

scrappyjacky said...

I also love the tags....and your lovely colour choices.

Tinker said...

I love the colours you've chosen, very brought and summery and the tags are adorable.

Heidi said...

Love the bright colours and the tags will be pinching

Isbaha said...

Beautiful page !

Unknown said...

I too love the upside down tags and the stitching! A great 'lift'.

Chidkid said...

Just lovely

Maggie said...

This was a great choice to lift, it has some fab details, stitching/tags etc, I'll be lifting yours soon I bet! Love how we're all getting ideas from each other during this hop.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking page! I really like how you used the elements.

petrii said...

What a great LO!! I love the colors and those fab tags. Oh goodness those tags!! Blessings ~~ dawn

Sandie said...

What cheerful colours! I love the stitched banners.

Lisa said...

Oh yes, this page is great. As is the original. Love the tags and your happy colours are perfect. What a great start to the hop.

Beverly said...

I love your colors and would never have thought to do upside down tags!

kate blue said...

I love that we picked the same lift and I wish I had done my stitching like yours! Love it!

LCSmithSAVED said...

LOL, now I understand your comment on my blog! This looks totally awesome, and love that you kept the stitching & the circular elements.

MiliPea Designs said...

Yes, Stephanie does have some great inspiration! I really love the stitching on this layout. Adds just the right touch.

Stephanie said...

gorgeous page! I love the three tags at the top, with the stitching. What a creative way to use tags.

Angela Toucan said...

lovely colourful page

Julie H said...

oooh, I love that corner detail! Great page!

Missus Wookie said...

Great colours and fun photo - love the combined stitching and the upside down tags.

Julene Matthews said...

Love this. The stitching and tags are so yummy.

Julene Matthews said...

Love this. The stitching and tags are so yummy.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! Love the colours and the tags are a genius idea that I am definitely pinching ;) I have dismantled my kit for this month....too frustrating having it there and not using it :( If I don't use this month's once it's put together.......it's yours!!!!!! :)