Monday 25 February 2013

Reasons Why I Love ...

Hello and welcome to February's version of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Members' Blog Hop. Hopefully you've been all around the other counterfeiters' blogs already and reached me via Leslie.  We've  been playing along with the first challenge of the month - to not include a photo on our project, just journalling!  I did a photo-less page earlier in the month, so I have cheated slightly with today's offering ... and made a Valentine's card!

I had fun with some more home made hexagon spots, a tag and a few of my office transfer letters from my February Counterfeit Kit.  I grabbed a swiss dot embossing folder for some texture, a date stamp and added a heart shaped brad from my stash.


That's not a lot of journalling, but I don't want Hubby to get too big for his boots LOL!  Inside I have stamped:
I

U
X
Thanks for hopping around with the counterfeiters ... if you missed any, the full list is available on the CKCB today.

16 comments:

alexa said...

That patterned paper in combination with those hexies makes for a very striking card :). And I hope he really likes it.

Lesley G said...

I hope he appreciated all your hard word Jemma and good to see you using your BS. Keep meaning to ask - where did you get the hexagon dies??

Julene Matthews said...

Cute card.Love all the effort you put into it.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your hexagons every time I see them! I think I shall pin this card so I remember to make some for myself :-)

The Crafty Caryn said...

I LOVE your card! I'm so "card challenged" (hee hee) I too am a fan of anything hexagon. I may want to scraplift it for a layout :)

Susanne said...

Tim for the hop already, where did the month go! Fun card, Jemma.

craftycorina said...

Great card!!

Maggie said...

Nothing says I heart you more than a hand made card, Jemma. It's gorgeous, love the hexagons, will have to check out the tutorial again and have go.
You're my last stop on the blog hop today, it's been fun getting to meet the other participants and see how they interpreted the challenge.

glorygirl said...

What a great card! I love all the stamping and the way you've clustered your elements within the boxes. Wonderful!

Lisa said...

this is a super card and the hexagons work so well. I especially like that you mixed up the sizes and the elements within each one.

Sandra said...

I'm so into hexagons at the moment, so this card is right up my street

Sandie said...

That's a great way to use hexagons, hope Hubby liked his card

Julie H said...

You are totally rocking those hexagons! I love how your card turned out, and I'm sure your hubby will too!

Angela Toucan said...

delightful card

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You always think of such new and clever ideas! I'm pretty sure your artistic vision knows no boundaries! This card gave me a different way to view hexagons, so thanks yet again for inspiring me in a new way.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I like the graduated sizes of your hexagons.
Rinda