Thursday 28 February 2013

Master Forgers' Journalling Hop

Along with several fellow Master Forgers from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, I was aksed to fill in one of two journalling sheets from Christie Zimmer's funny and inspirational site Grace Is Overrated and see where the answers & quotes led me in a crafty endeavour.

I chose sheet #24:
Journalling Prompt from Grace Is Overrated
Click for a closer view
And this led me on to making a Mother's Day card for "my lovely Mum".  She's away in Australia visiting my brother and it won't be Mother's Day in Australia as they celebrate in May rather than March, but I wouldn't want her to miss out!


If you are hopping around, getting to know the Master Forgers today, you will have arrived from Angela and now need to visit Jennifer ... the full list is here on the CKCB.  Have fun!

16 comments:

Mary B said...

One thing I make well is exactly the same as yours, Jemma, but think that came from all the nagging I had as a child from my mother to tidy up after me. As soon as I had my own place, and because John wasn't tidy either, the messes started and have never really ended.

JulieJ said...

You certainly seem to like blue - judging by that journalling sheet! Love your card - very pretty.

helena said...

fabulous card - when I lived in NZ I had the same problem of which mothers' day to mark with my Mum in Scotland

Lisa J said...

Gorgeous card Jemma.So lovely and detailed. I would vote for celebrating Mother's day twice!!

Maggie said...

So interesting to get to know you a little better, you have very pretty handwriting!

Lesley G said...

Beautiful card, Jemma. Even though you make a mess well, you are doing such a good job at tidying it :)

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Such a beautiful card, sure to be appreciated :).

I laughed at "a mess." I left my desk clean, and I've only been home for 4 days, but somehow it exploded into a mess of paper/stickers/cutter/markers/etc/etc. Apparently I'm good at "a mess" too!

Sian said...

I love that card!

..and I love those journaling sheets, too, and the options for colouring or not. A lot of fun.

glorygirl said...

WOW! Beautiful card! Love the colors and the butterflies!!!!

Christie Zimmer said...

Hi Jemma - Your card is beautiful. There's something about colourful butterflies that inspire the imagination and lighten one's mood. :) I loved reading your answers to the prompts. So nice to learn a little about you (and your awesome sense of humour.)

Sandra said...

You'll certainly bring a smile with such a pretty card

Julie H said...

I absolutely ADORE butterflies and rainbow colour schemes, so your card is a big winner in my book! Pinning!

Angela Toucan said...

I hoping my kids learnt o make beautiful music soon rather that just a merry din.
Stunningly beautiful card

Sandy Ang said...

so fantastic those fluttering butterflies

Lisa said...

My mum gets a bit of both Mother's days to be honest - well that or I forget both by mistake! Tut tut.
Your card is stunning and so inspiring - I definitely want to give this beautiful design a try.

Missus Wookie said...

Thank you for the laugh 'entirely self taught' and then the gorgeous card - beautiful!