Sunday 10 February 2013

Magical Meet & Greet

Another page from our Disney 2004 holiday - using some of the hexagons that I've been cutting - along with inspiration from the (rotated) February sketch from Stuck?! Sketches Check them out - their sketches are great!

Layout - Meet & Greet - Jimjams

My photos were larger than the sketch required so they needed overlapping and some jaunty angles to fit.  The title alphas are a mishmash of different chipboard sets adapted for my page: the M is a W, the Es are &s and those Ts started life as 4s!  Lots of inking was required to get them to be similar colours - it wasn't evenly done as some were bare chipboard and others had a white base layer.  I should could have prepped them with white acrylic but I'm OK with the grungy, uneven look - it goes with the red paper.  All supplies are from my February Counterfeit Kit apart from the thumbs-up paper-clip, the alphas, and a variety of Pharmacy stamps.

P.S. There's still time to sign up for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Members Blog Hop - check out the challenge here.  { I'm planning another go with this - I reckon Hubby might appreciate a Valentine's card with a list of why I ♥ him ... no photo, just a list ... I'm sure that will count for the challenge :o) }

18 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

Looks gteat. well done for making good use of leftover letters

Lesley G said...

Aw Pluto - my favourite Disney character. Nice to see more die cutting. Great page :)

humel said...

Great page, Jemma :) I love adapting odd letters and numbers to make titles work - and I quite thought the uneven colouring was a deliberate effect!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I like the overlapping and really like how you colored the letters.
Rinda

Alison said...

I love what you did with the alphas, Jemma!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

This looks great - I like the hexagons & you did a fantastic job making the letters you had work for you.

Lou said...

a great page...the hexagons look good.

Lisa J said...

Great page. I will have to remember that tip for my alphas.

mandysea said...

what cute photos to scrap and capture the memory! Love the colours and great idea on the letters!!
Hexagons are great fun!!

glorygirl said...

Love the letters and the notebook punch on the side! Great job!!!

Unknown said...

I like how you used the hexagons.

Sandie said...

That's a great way to use up alphas - they do the job well!

Angela Toucan said...

love that title, and the use of vertical lines is great

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Great page - love what you did with the letters. I like the multi-tone and shine of them :).

Jennifer Grace said...

Awesome grungy letters! I'm always 'adapting' alphas too, it's a great way to use them up! x

Missus Wookie said...

Adapting alphas is one of my favourite things when it gets towards the end of the pack. Isn't it fun when you find a good embellishment - that thumbs up clip is just right.

Julie H said...

Clever title work, and I love how a couple of simple hexagons make such a difference to your page!

li-bee-ti said...

I really love how you addapted the letters. We all have the same problem with the missing letters :).
I also love the grungy look.