Monday 18 February 2013

A Dash Of Christmas Spirit

Layout detail - chipboard and rub-on title - Jimjams
That's what I quite fancy having in my glass right now, but the diet won't allow it!  Instead here is a page I made earlier in the month from a sketch on the Papermaze shop blog (Scrap, Paper Scissors) for a challenge over on UKScrappers.  I've had fun with some ancient Basic Grey papers and office transfer letters from my February Counterfeit Kit, throwing in some star-shaped eyelets and tiny black brads from my stash.
This page records how difficult it is to get a decent photo of my three kids in the Christmas rush!

Layout - A Dash Of Christmas Spirit - Jimjams

I only managed a single page for Christmas last year too ... the photo opportunities just aren't there now that they are late teens/adults :o(  I'm hoping that they might feel guilty when they see this page and be a bit more cooperative next year!


12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Your layout has a bit of an "adgy" look which suits the photo.
I love the reverse image diecut on the tags!

glorygirl said...

Love the title work on your page, the date and those papers! I remember both of the larger ones fondly from my own collection :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I am completely loving the combo of colors and patterns in this layout! And the pictures made me laugh. Well done! And as a side note, I really got a kick out of how you described yourself in your "About Me" segment. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful page! I love how you have incorporated our sketch! Thanks for sharing it with us x

alexa said...

Yep, a bit of guilt-tripping might work! They seem very relaxed and smiley though :). I really like those flags/tags to highlight the journalling.

Sian said...

It's a great page - spirited, in fact would be a good word to describe it!

I've been trying to take 18th photos with limited success..

Beverly said...

I love the colors and the tailed banners you used for journaling. You did at least get some beautiful smiles ;)

Lisa-Jane said...

It really says something about them right now though and that's worth the capture :-)

Lesley G said...

Great page Jemma, have they seen it yet?

Missus Wookie said...

Ah guilt - have you seen the card that says, 'Guilt trips - my mum is the travel agent?' or similar.

Hope you get more photos - it is tricky as they start to get less-easily-bribed ;)

Alison said...

I really like the design of this page Jemma!
Alison xx

Susanne said...

Nice page Jemma. And I can relate that getting a decent photo of the kiddos at Christmas is the bane and the blessing of the season.