Wednesday 12 December 2012

Summer Lovin' At The CKCB

This month at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog the Master Forgers (and some special guests) are sharing a year's worth of page kits.  My page kit, using up some of my ORIGINAL stash, is up today and here is the page made with it:

Layout - Play Time - Jimjams

Another page for our Disney 2004 holiday album: we loved having a pool of our very own with our holiday villa.
I've had that lacy cardstock in my stash for a very long time but never known quite what to do with it ... a lot of the words are quite beach themed ... but then if you look close there's also "roadtrip", "city", "plane" ... so I decided that no one page would ever fit ALL the words and to just use.it.up!!  When a cybercrop class over on UKScrappers suggested using a cricut-cut "holey" sheet to show patterns behind, I knew just what to do:

Layout in Progress - arange the photos onto one large mat and trim

Having picked sketch #228 from Creative Scrappers and rotated it, I placed my photos onto a piece of cardstock from the page kit, trimming to make one large mat for all four pictures.

Layout in Progress - use foam dots behind cardstock to raise up

I glued this to the lacy cardstock along with a couple of punched borders and then used foam squares behind the cardstock to raise the whole thing above the patterned paper background.  I backed the alpha stickers with plain white scraps to echo the lacy cardstock and put some buttons and washi tape on the borders to add interest.

Playtime in progress 3
Check out my kit details on the CKCB to see just how old my now-used-up stash is ... and I challenge YOU to grab some of your oldest stash and see what you can come up with.  Have fun.

10 comments:

Mary B said...

super page well done indeed on using up old stash and making it look so stylish

Lesley G said...

Great use of old stash Jemma, do you want some more!? I may have to take on your challenge!

Beverly said...

Love the layout! In 2013 I may have to adopt you as my inspiration for whittling down on the stash ;)

glorygirl said...

What a great page! Love how you've used the older products and.....really pondering what you said about how all your products will one day be "old" pages. So true! That fact gives me the freedom to just scrap with what I love..."old" or "new". Thanks!

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely use of that lacy cardstock and the popped photos give a nice sense of dimension and shadow. Your comments about old stash are so true and what I remind people when I teach - use it while you love it 'cause your tastes will change :lol:

Sue Althouse said...

Love the way you used the lacy cardstock! Those always stump me.

Susanne said...

Oh this is inspiring - I have those cut-out sheets, both old and new, that need to be used up. I doubt I can make them look as good as you did, though.

alexa said...

I can see 'ocean' and 'water' too! Great use of something which is really tricky. I've never known what to do with mine either ...

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely use of the old stash - I have no lacy card but as most of my purchases are from the clearance section I do have stash from before I started scrapping! If I like it I don't care about the date :) - also wanted to wish you a Happy Christmas before it gets too busy x

Lisa said...

I knew you would blow me away with your way to use up this old stash and wow! This is just great. What a super layout and no one would ever know that the product is "vintage"! I can feel that water!