Sunday 7 October 2012

Blue, I Love You #2

If you're looking for my Counterfeit Kit for October you need to go to the next post here - or you could stay a while and read my story for the first Sunday of October - part of Siân's Storytelling Sundays - why not join in yourself?  Everyone is welcome to tell a tale.

Now I was going to tell a tale of dressing up as per Siân's prompt ... but then I was working on my counterfeiting and a song started playing in my head.  A song that I've listened to again and again during the last 14,978 days.  A song that was the title track of the very first album I owned.  On cassette.  For my brand new tape player.  A song that I made into a layout last year.

Layout - Blue - Jimjams
Lots of Tagxedo use with the lyrics!
Thank you, big brother, for giving me such enduring listening pleasure for my birthday all that time ago.

And here it is for YOU to listen to - enjoy!


P.S. Come back next month to see me in Fancy Dress!!!
P.P.S.  Now go over to Siân's for some proper Fancy Storytelling

18 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it funny how something can trigger a song memory and then that song just keeps playing in our head!

Unknown said...

Yes, when a song won't go away, it really won't go away! Love the layout, the word clouds are great.

Missus Wookie said...

Do love Joni Mitchell - thanks for sharing Blue. Love those title letters still, need to learn and play with that Tagxedo.

There are so many songs that take me straight back...

Sian said...

Well, this looks like proper storytelling to me! The sure sign of a great story, I always think, is when it triggers memories in the listeners and gives them new stories to tell. And of course you only have to say "Cassstte" and lots of us are off..

Irene said...

Gorgeous page of Blue and thanks for the music too. I love how you lettered the letters.

scrappyjacky said...

I love how songs always trigger memories....love your page as well.

humel said...

Ah, thank you - I realised when you mentioned it yesterday that I didn't know the song, and meant to look it up! I'll have to wait till The Doctor has finished watching football before I play it though....

Jo said...

I love how songs can take you to places and memories in the past, great layout.

Miriam said...

I love your LO, the story of the page & the song. All proper as far as I can tell. :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great gift from your brother! Great song as well!

laurie said...

i just love that song, that album and your page! i think i have been listening to it as long as you have and it never gets old.

Alison said...

Joni Mitchell is big in our house..even Kirsty has a few of her songs on her IPod!
Alison xx

Jennifer Grace said...

Love how you've displayed all the lyrics. The songs that I remember most from my teenage years are Queen songs, as my mum listened to them loads and we still listen to them together sometimes now!

Susanne said...

I don't know this song at all. Love your layout, though. Your post triggered a memory of a birthday present my brother once gave me. I'll have to see if I can find a picture to tell the story. And it was so long ago, that I won't have to erase which birthday it was! (wink!) Now I'm off to read your Blue #1 post.

Razzled Scrapper said...

Great Story. I like seeing how others tell a story instead of just a few words. I haven't got to the story telling yet. Don't really know why except maybe I don't feel like I'm that great of a writer. (I have a hard time at picking the right words).

Anonymous said...

Super layout and story. You've brought back memories of my first record - on vinyl, thanks. I'll have to wait for John to wake up before I listen to it.

alexa said...

I love Joni Mitchell ! Great page too - amazing how often we can listen to something and not tire of it!

furrypig said...

I love how songs can take me right back to a certain place and time. Great LO xxx