Thursday 10 May 2012

Accounting For April

I will keep up.  I will keep up.  I will keep up!   Following hard on the heels of March's Month In Numbers which was very, very late, here are my only slightly late figures for April!

Easter Egg Hunt 2012

27 = the number of plastic eggs I hid in the back garden for my 3 not-so-little kids to find.  The eggs contained clues towards some giant luxury chocolate slabs along with tons of brightly coloured jelly eggs I brought back from Las Vegas.

Jelly Eggs

6 = people at home for an Easter roast dinner which was all eaten up despite the copious quantities of sweets and chocolate that had been scoffed!

24 = World Book Night Books I gave away, including a few to readers of this blog

3 = books read this month: "The Last Testament" by Sam Bourne, a tale of intrigue in Jerusalem which left me cold.  I much preferred my Reading Group's book: "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier, a very interesting account of early fossil hunting in Lyme Bay, highlighting the inequalities that the fairer sex suffered, especially if they were from the working class.  It was also educational to read about the struggle to reconcile religious beliefs regarding creation in relation to the newly discovered fossils from unknown creatures.  I was also almost unable to put down the first book in "The Hunger Games" trilogy by Suzanne Collins as the story was gripping from start to finish.  I wonder if the film will be as good?

2 = how many kilograms I lost a week after re-starting healthy eating - 7 more to go to reach my initial target

1 = a weekend visitor from Lithuania who was fascinated by the local dry stone walls, our friends' sheep, geocaching and a 1000 year old hollow yew tree in a nearby churchyard

1000 year old hollow yew tree - St Mary's Astbury

9 = pages made from my April Counterfeit Kit - my all-time record.

Are you joining in with Julie Kirk's "My Month In Numbers"?  It's a fun way of documenting your year - check it out why don't you?!  Go here for other Aprils in numbers.

Oh and while I'm at it, I guess this post will be just the ticket for Shimelle's Ten on the Tenth, being as it contains ten numbers!

17 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah for combining post inspiration and such a fun review of your month.

Lynn said...

Just proves your're never too old for an egg hunt. I have the hunger games on my ereader waiting to be read - perhaps I'll choose it next.

Julie Kirk said...

I'm with your Lithuanian friend - all those things would keep me entertained too!

I guess it's just a coincidence that you lost weight while reading the Hunger Games ....

Thanks for joining in again. I've added your post to the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Hope May's treating you well so far.

Julie :-)

Sandra said...

You've had a lovely busy month

Melissa said...

Great numbers to wrap up your month.

We enjoyed The Hunger Games books & thought they did a great job with the movie. However, we left the movie with a wierd feeling that we were doing just the thing we thought was atrocious in the book - watching the games.

Sian said...

I love the thought of you hiding the eggs for those big kids to find..and I'm gaping at the stunning blue colour of those jelly eggs. I might have had to confiscate those - we're still talking here about the effects of blue icecream on a certain lad one Easter lol

Kirsty.A said...

Good numbers. The Hunger Games features on mine too, when I get around to posting it. Loved the trilogy

furrypig said...

I also loved the Hunger Games the kids and I have read the first one, DD is now on the 3rd one and I am waiting for DS to finish the 2nd one! I am a Tracy Chevalier fan too and also enjoyed her book xxx

Alison said...

I read The Hunger Games last weekend,and was another one who couldn't put it down...am just waiting for Amazon to deliver the next two!
Alison xx

Beverly said...

Congrats on getting closer to that wgt goal and on the Counterfeit Kit record!

Connie Mercer said...

great list:):)

fatmonica said...

Love the jellies!Sounds like you've had a great month!

Nathalie said...

Ah! Funny how you managed to combine those two (that I participate in also!) + I might have to think of filling our Easter eggs with clues, that sounds like fun for my kids who are also getting older. Interesting post!

Mad for Paper said...

Hi,
I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award because I love your blog.
Thanks for all the loveliness!
Ang

Lisa said...

9 layouts? Wow, a successful kit by the sound of it. I think my August kit last year provided 9. It felt like it went on forever! The photo of the old tree is amazing!

Claire said...

Great numbers this month, I haven't posted mine yet...yikes.
C xx

viliusk said...

+1 on Google+ for this:
"1 = a weekend visitor from Lithuania who was fascinated by the local dry stone walls, our friends' sheep, geocaching and a 1000 year old hollow yew tree in a nearby churchyard"

Nice to read and look at pictures.

And a thanks again (this time digitally) for the nice weekend I'm still remembering! :)