Tuesday 10 April 2012

Ten on the Tenth: Things I Did In Las Vegas

After last month's Ten on the Tenth about my plans for Las Vegas, Julie predicted that I'd be back this month with a partner post about what actually went on!  Well done Julie!!!  Despite everyone saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" I have ten of our photos to share with you today: 

There was indeed plenty of neon and spectacle to enjoy every night:

New York New York Hotel - Las Vegas
New York New York Hotel
Bellagio Fountains - Las Vegas
Bellagio Fountains

And Vegas was pretty amazing by day too:

Venetian Hotel - Las Vegas
Outside at The Venetian ...
Curved Escalator inside Caesar's Palace - Las Vegas
... and inside Caesar's Palace
The food was interesting and tasty:

Outback Steakhouse - Las Vegas
Blooming Onion at Outback Steakhouse
(actually this isn't my picture;
somehow all 4 scrapbookers failed
to take a single photo!)
Memphis Sliders - Caesar's Palace - Las Vegas
Memphis Sliders at Caesar's Palace
along with the best fries I have ever
eaten!



As were the drinks:
Lunchtime cocktail at the Rio - Las Vegas
I don't always dress to match my cocktails!
There were several "firsts" during the week including a first helicopter ride over the strip at night-time followed by an early morning ride out to the Grand Canyon:

Helicopter flight - Las Vegas

I managed to snaffle a few geocaches, both real and virtual:

One of two trees on the Las Vegas strip

And most importantly for a group of scrapbookers from the UK, there was a very successful trip to Michaels!

Scrapbookers outside Michaels in Las Vegas
Can you tell we were excited?!
Want more tens? Got some of your own to share?  Pop over to Shimelle's blog and join in!

14 comments:

Mary B said...

It looks and sounds fantastic, you've had a trip of a lifetime methinks

Sian said...

Wow - a helicopter ride, how exciting is that?

So, next month - 10 things I bought in Michaels??

Melissa said...

Looks like a fun trip. Great photos!

alexa said...

Wow, I envy you the helicopter trip and the Michaels' jaunt in particular! Looks like an action-packed time ...

Boo x said...

Wow! You look like you had a fun time in Las Vegas! Great idea for your ten things! I hope someday to visit Las Vegas...

KraftyKaren said...

Looks like you had a fab time - love the Michaels photo LOL!!

Alison said...

Michaels AND a helicopter ride!...fabby doo...tho' I would never have been brave enough for the helicopter!!
Alison xx

Clair said...

I cannot begin to imagine how wonderful your trip was - it looks fantastic. Lots of scrapbook pages coming up, I assume?

Beverly said...

Awesome photos, looks like the trip was glorious. My favorite thing in Vegas was laying by the pool lol

Mrs LiliGee x said...

Wow! Love the photos, looks like an amazing trip! Me and my family would love to visit Las Vegas... May be one day .... In the mean time I can just enjoy looking at your photos :)

Missus Wookie said...

Oh that helicopter ride over the grand canyon is one of my "I'd love to do" things. We had an imax movie of one that the kids loved years ago, always figured the real thing would be better.

Glad you had a good time!

MonicaB said...

Wow you really took in Vegas in style!! Looks like you had an amazing trip and I'm sure you had a blast at Michaels. Your Bellagio Photo is wonderful...don't you just love those fountains.

doris sander said...

oh what a fun trip!

i have to say . . . your profile description is one of the most delightful i've ever read. and i think it describes me quite a bit!

Kirsty.A said...

Looks fantastic. I got back from holiday late last night so I missed this month's 10 Things. I might copy your ideas in May and do 10 Things in France!
Great work.