Sunday 18 December 2011

Seasons' Greetings

Card detail - Tagxedo Xmas - Jimjams
At last they're done.
Presents and Christmas cards that is.
And delivered (or at least posted ... we shall see how well the Royal Mail does now that there's been half a dozen flakes of snow ...).
So now I can feel less guilty whenever I hear the clunk of the letterbox and the thud of mail hitting our doormat ... but some of my crafty friends are not making it any easier for me by sending gorgeous, clever, crafty hand-made cards ... as I have only sent out shop bought ones!


Take a look at these lovelies from Tracie, K, Mel, Alexa and Claire:

Photos - cards I received
A special thank you to K for the yummy extra in my card
(possibly slightly tempting to someone en route
as both the card and the envelope were ripped!)
Thank you so much for finding the time my friends ... if I had known you in 2005 you'd have definitely received a hand-made card, but having overdosed by making over 100 that year, I only ever make a handful these days!

Regular readers will know that I love to play with Tagxedo - and have whiled away several hours with it to help me make scrapbook pages (here & here) and blog posts this year (here & here).  Lately, I've been playing around with it for card-making and this is the most recent result:

Tagxedo Christmas cards - Jimjams

If you want to know exactly how to selectively colour your text you can check out the Tagxedo blog ... or, alternately, pop back here between Christmas and New Year for my next Counterfeit Kit Challenge post!

10 comments:

Sian said...

I'll be looking out for it :)

MiliPea Designs said...

If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone - I just finished my last card today! Still have to address them tonight so they can get mailed tomorrow. I love your cards!

CoventryAnn said...

Brilliant cards, love them :)

scrappyjacky said...

Great idea for cards.

K said...

Love the tagxedo trees! must have a play on that site.
Glad you liked the card & choccy, also glad the mystery envelop tearer wasnt a fan of choccy or you might never have got it :-)

Sandie said...

Your cards are great. I tried Tagxedo but need to play more, it would only use some of the words I submitted. Look forward to seeing your Counterfeit Challenge post.

Lisa said...

they look gorgeous. as you know, I started my cards back in the new year along with the Jingle Belles challenge or I would have been sending out a photo email card like I did last year :-) i think getting the cards in the post is a major achievement!

Alison said...

I like the look of tagxedo for next year's cards!
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

I 'only' make cards for people who wouldn't understand or receive a PDF/ email one. So 35 this year and simple as anything. Looking forward to the post though as those look fun for Christmas letters.

humel said...

Those are beautiful :) And I received my card from you this morning, many thanks! xx