Monday 21 March 2011

No Direction?

At the end of last year I was checking up on my boys at university browsing randomly on Facebook when I spotted that No.2 Son had a new profile picture. For a mad moment I thought he'd photoshopped his face onto a publicity shot of the latest boy band sensation on the X-factor, before recognising the other lads in the group! I messaged him:
"You look a bit like you've been on the X-Factor ... "No Direction" perhaps?"
And so this page was born - the first from my March Counterfeit Kit adding only a few brads.


I used the Sunday sketch from The Studio (loosely) and tied it in with the weekly challenge on UKS too - so sketch and paper ruffle for The Studio, bling, 1 photo and "white" space for UKS!!!


Just in case you're not an X-factor viewer ... and I count myself among that number, but I am blessed with No.3 Child who likes that sort of thing, so cannot avoid it ... here is a photo of the boy band in question (the curly-haired lad is from a local school)!

One Direction, photo courtesy of the UK Fan Club

11 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh that is great and yes you are right I bet they did that to get the same effect.

Sian said...

I think your lot are nicer looking than the originals - I suspect they have a lot more personality for a start :)

Margie said...

I love the page! GReat details!

sharyncarlson said...

Great layout! I'm a fellow classmate from Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers. Looking forward to your posts!

Mad for Paper said...

What a fun memory, made me LOL when I figured out the "no direction".
TFS
Ang

Denise said...

Hello, just popping over from Shimelle's class. Your funny comment about browsing facebook/checking up really made me smile- sounds familiar!

Geri said...

great layout... love the arrow and the photo!

Cate Brickell said...

great layout!

Allycat x said...

Wow, not surprized on you thinking that - love the resulting LO from it :)
x

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Thanks for showing a photo of the band because we don't have the X Factor here yet. Cute layout, cute boys!!! xoxo

Cheri said...

Can definitely understand why you saw the resemblance!