Friday 25 March 2011

Five on Friday #1

Today is Day #5 of Blogging For Scrapbookers - Are you taking part?  Are you keeping up?  Well it's 4 days since I promised myself I wouldn't post every day, which must mean I'm doing really well, not having posted since then!!  I have been good and read each prompt on the day it was posted, but then there's still plenty of time for me to get behind, especially as I am working a 9½ hour shift tomorrow!

Prompt #5 was about photos - which is lucky because I was out with my camera and wanted to share my favourite photo of the day - straight from my super-duper little point and shoot Canon Powershot A700. Love the sunlight through the leaves of this Hellebore.


I used 5 different types of card and paper to make the latest instalment of my 2011 Project 12 album.  I'm not using the supplied Pagemap sketches this year, and have decided to keep the same format each month - collage on one side and journalling on the other - hopefully I won't get bored with this before December.


Coincidentally that double layout includes page #5 from my March Counterfeit Kit - my pages haven't been as prolific this month, but not bad considering I started two weeks late!


And the final 5?  Well it's the number of audition layouts you have to submit to enter the Scrap Factor Contest over on UKScrappers.  There is a category each for paper, digital and hybrid scrappers and a massive £500 first prize for the creative soul that makes it through to the end!  Good luck if you enter :D

19 comments:

Geri said...

Great layout! I love how you used the different style letters for the title.
Congrats on knocking out 5 layouts with this kit!!!

Tammy said...

I love your design - collage + journaling page. I don't think you'll get tired of it. So many ways to vary it every month. I love the February letters - it looks great! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Winnie said...

Love that photo Jemma and stoked that you didn't use a fancy schmancy camera to take it! Love your Project 12 layout too. Just popping by from BFS to say hi!

Donna said...

I'm behind too - but isn't that normal for Shimelle's classes? I'm also behind on Project 12 = haven't started yet!
Love your LO and I must check out that counterfeit kit challenge.

Cheri said...

Your flower shot is gorgeous! I've been so busy reading and commenting on everyone else's blogs that I haven't blogged myself!

alexa said...

Your hellebore photo is lovely, and I really like the way you've done that title! Are you entering?

scrappysue said...

Ooooh this looks like a great way to highlight the year, lovely LO and colours!

Mary B said...

Well done on No. 5 and well done on P12 as well, I must get my finger out and do my Feb page. I do like your format better than the original methinks

Sian said...

I really like your format too - that's a very nice design, that is.

Lynn said...

Good luck with the scrap factor and well done for keeping up your project 12. I had good intentions of doing a monthly layout but as yet have not got further than the good intentions.

scrappyjacky said...

That's a great layout...and really love the way you've done the title.

furrypig said...

I had great fun taking photos in the garden today for BFS, I really love how you have captureed the light behind the plant leaf.

Goesturbo said...

LOVE the LO. Great colors and papers for your story!

Allycat x said...

Like the 5's & fabulous LO & photos!

humel said...

Oh, fab layout! And, as you know, there's no such thing as 'being behind' in a Shimelle class - the inspiration will always be there for when you have time :-)

Margie said...

Gorgeous photo and I love your layout, too!

Alison said...

Love that pic!..I'm doing Project12 too, but am using their sketches( well, at least as a starting point)...I like yours though!

Lisa said...

stunning photo - my kind of shot. and the layout is great - lots to see.

and yes, I'm in SFB but haven't actually done anything yet!

Lisa-Jane said...

Love that February layout!